Saturday, April 12, 2008

HI TEAM :D

GREAT JOB FOR TODAY (:

The magic number is 1428! After minusing our cost price, we made a profit of $759! So here's great news! Monday training cancelled! All to meet at specs gallery at 3.30pm. We're going NELO SHOPPING! The rest of the money, jiaolian pay!

(haha. alright, you should know I'm just kidding. Monday training ON ah!)

Anyway, $1428 seriously is alot! We actually made the most among all the RJ stalls! To think we were worrying last night about how we were going to sell 400 cups of bubble tea and 350 servings or nachos and fries, afraid that we would make a lost. We felt worst in the morning when we found out we had 4 competitors! But our bubble tea went out in just 2hr 30 min plus and we received compliments for our nachos, fries and cheese from many people, especially from the rgs pe department :D so well done (:

Although this is just ORA, it's evident that our team really put in alot of effort and time into planning and getting the stuff ready. The staying back after school till 7pm to do advertisements, the rushing in the morning to collect fries, the sourcing for nachos from place to place, the numerous offers to bring logistics etc etc etc. It certainly wasn't easy or convenient at all, and I'm sure we appreciate each others' help :D I must admit that I'm really very glad to have a bunch of team mates who are all so willing to help. And not just willing, offer to help!

The best part of ORA was that we all had so much fun! The girls, as feminine as we are, enjoyed cooking. The guys, seeking fun as usual, probably enjoyed smashing each others' faces with cheese and burst into fits of laughter thereafter. HAHA. Whatever we were doing, I believe we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, yes? (:

I don't know if you guys felt the same way but during our self-initiated booth closing ceremony, I felt REALLY proud of our team. Not because we made alot of money, but because I felt the team spirit! The success of our booth couldn't have been possible if merely a few people were involved. It was truly a team's effort! And as we cheered our rafflesrow cheer at the end of the closing ceremony, all eyes were on us, and I even heard an rgs girl saying "they're so bonded". So thank you team :D

Lastly, I certainly hope that our team will be even more bonded in the coming years. Not sure about you guys, but for me, I don't seek to have acquaintances here and there. Knowing a bunch of people whom I can count on and can truly call friends would suffice. I believe rafflesrow will be it. (:

So thank you all once again (: Here's some photos of our ORA process :D




















GERALDINE ONG (: succeeded at 4/12/2008 07:13:00 PM.




The Team

-- Raffles Canoeing
-- 2008-2009
-- Guys: Jairus, Kenneth, Chuan, JP, Stuart, Ansai, Jong, CZ, QuanW, QianW, Sucram, ZX, Eugene, James
-- Girls: Xin Er, Geri, Chee, GV, Gabby, Nicole, Vivian, JN, Nana

Paddles Up!

-- Nationals April 14-17th
-- Mugging sessions (post-season)
-- Train up the J1s (post-season)
-- Canoe trip to GOPENG 11-13th June

Where We're At...

--J3s
--J4s
--Kar Liang
--Changzhong
--Geri Ong
--Viv
--Nicole
--Gabby
--Qian Wei
--Kenneth
-- Others - FILL IN!

Say What You Want