Monday, April 13, 2009

Hey everyone, well, I guess the races of our lives begin tomorrow. It seems so surreal huh, something so routine about to climax into the most exciting, intense and brutal minutes of our lives thus far.

One year ago, I couldn't even fathom that this day would come. But it did. And over this past year, despite the many down-moments and painful times, I have no qualms to say that my decision to join canoeing was the best decision I've made in my time in Raffles - and I believe that for most of you guys, the same applies. What really defined this experience for me was the people around me, all you crazy gay bunch of guys. I don't know what to say really except a big big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart - for being there for me, helping me conquer myself and most importantly, for all the fun and unforgettable moments that dot my otherwise mundane existence. I hope I've been a good teammate and friend to you guys too.

Tomorrow onwards, we'll all be out in the water fighting to prove to no-one but ourselves that the sacrifices that we've put in to chase this dream has always been worth it. The opportunity cost is indeed high, but I guess this makes it all the more bittersweet. On a personal note, as an underdog, I know I have my work cut out for me. But as chuan said, who the hell cares? If your best is not enough, know deep down that your best effort is. We've put in an honest day's work and really, regardless of the outcome, I believe we are all winners - in our own right. And this I guess, is what really matters.

I've nothing else really special to say before I turn in for the night. Everything have been encapsulated in the beautiful eulogies by marcus and chuan below. Just remember to unleash that monster within you for the very last time and savour the brutality that you're going to subject your body to. For we only live once.

Anonymous succeeded at 4/13/2009 08:54:00 PM.




The Team

-- Raffles Canoeing
-- 2008-2009
-- Guys: Jairus, Kenneth, Chuan, JP, Stuart, Ansai, Jong, CZ, QuanW, QianW, Sucram, ZX, Eugene, James
-- Girls: Xin Er, Geri, Chee, GV, Gabby, Nicole, Vivian, JN, Nana

Paddles Up!

-- Nationals April 14-17th
-- Mugging sessions (post-season)
-- Train up the J1s (post-season)
-- Canoe trip to GOPENG 11-13th June

Where We're At...

--J3s
--J4s
--Kar Liang
--Changzhong
--Geri Ong
--Viv
--Nicole
--Gabby
--Qian Wei
--Kenneth
-- Others - FILL IN!

Say What You Want